Seeking A Highly Skilled, Equally Compassionate Lawyer
Do you want to work for a law firm that places its highest value in outstanding legal work that brings peace of mind to our clients? Do you want to work in an environment that will cultivate your professional growth while putting your talents and skills to work making a positive impact on our clients’ lives? We are a boutique law firm that is on track for significant growth in the coming years and need a highly-skilled lawyer who can provide compassionate and comprehensive legal services in Estate Planning and Administration.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has three (3) to five (5) years’ legal experience;
- Has Estate Planning and/or Estate Administration experience;
- Is comfortable being the clients’ primary point of contact;
- Has the capacity to handle matters and clients independently (after a period of orientation and monitored work);
- Shows compassion when dealing with clients and has a talent for winning their confidence and respect;
- Is willing to work hard to see that our clients receive top-notch service and results;
- Is someone of character with intelligence and grit and who will contribute positively to the atmosphere within the office.
This associate will be responsible for all aspects of clients’ matters including:
- Conducting initial consultations and devising strategies;
- Delegating work to paralegals and legal assistants and monitoring their work;
- Preparing documents for sophisticated Estate Plans;
- Leading and participating in the initial and final meetings with clients.
Compensation, Benefits and Work Life Balance:
- Compensation is negotiable based on experience, and there is opportunity for bonus compensation for outstanding performance.
- The Firm offers the following benefits to their associates:
- $1,500.00 per year towards extended health care benefits;
- Payment of your annual Law Society of Ontario dues;
- Payment of your monthly LawPro Insurance premiums;
- Work from home benefits include:
- A laptop;
- two (2) monitors;
- wireless keyboard and mouse; and
- desktop scanner
- Working in our office is limited to the following circumstances:
- Face to face client meetings
- and one full day per week for file review, training, policies and procedures overview and sales and marketing work.
- The Firm provides paid holidays
- The Firm considers work-life balance to be important. This is not a sweat-shop.
How to Apply:
If this unique opportunity appeals to you, please follow the instructions listed below. APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. Explain what you believe are the three (3) most important qualities needed in a lawyer who works with clients in estate planning and estate administration and why you believe they are the most important qualities for this role. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
Email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should be your last name (all caps) and one word that you would use to describe yourself (lower case). [For example: SMITH – ambitious]
Based on your cover letter and resume, we will select candidates for further consideration. If you are selected, we will request a writing sample, your law school transcript, and two professional references from past supervisors. Those invited for interviews will be contacted after our review of the above.