All-Star Receptionist & Legal Secretary
- Do you enjoy providing clients with an exemplary customer service experience – and understand the importance of doing so?
- Can you be described as a welcoming, empathetic people person?
- Are you driven by making someone’s day better and helping people?
If you answered a resounding “Yes!” to all of the above and are looking to join a fast-paced, positive team environment, then look no further. Our law firm is looking for an all-star Receptionist & Legal Secretary who is a team player, computer savvy, and a quick learner with strong administrative skills to be our Ambassador of First Impressions.
Our Founder and Managing Partner is an entrepreneur who believes in open, honest, and good communication with everyone who contacts the Firm. Whether it’s someone’s first time calling the Firm, a potential new client of the Firm, an existing client of the Firm, opposing counsel or a vendor of the Firm.
We focus our efforts on delivering results and providing superior client care and need someone who understands and respects our culture. We are focused on rapid growth and still small enough to care about our team members and clients. We need someone who is interested in growing with us and who is willing to wear multiple hats in providing our clients with the very best legal service.
In this role, you will take control of the front-end client experience by being the Firm’s first point of contact. Ideally, you will have some legal experience, but we are willing to train the right service-minded office professional. The most important qualities you can possess is a great attitude, the ability to learn quickly, and a sincere desire to care for our potential and existing clients.
If the following describes you, then YOU may be the All-Star we are looking for:
- You understand the importance of greeting all potential and existing clients with a warm, friendly welcome;
- You are skilled at communicating with people by phone, in person, and by email;
- You are a relationship-builder who is comfortable interacting with different types of personalities and all levels of authority;
- You are eager to learn new tasks and computer systems;
- You value doing it right the first time and always proofread and double-check your work;
- You understand how to handle confidential information;
- You appreciate praise and welcome constructive feedback because you’re committed to continual growth; and
- You genuinely care about people and want to deliver an experience that turns our clients into raving fans.
Your basic responsibilities:
- Answer phones and welcome in-person guests;
- Schedule appointments and manage calendars;
- Communicate with potential and existing clients by phone, in person, and by email;
- Assist with the preparation of legal documents and client communications;
- Back up team members when they need a hand;
- Maintain strict legal practice and client confidentiality;
- Maintain paper and electronic case files; and
- Perform basic administrative tasks.
These qualifications are non-negotiable:
- You must be available to work and be in the office Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.;
- You must have strong administrative skills;
- You must have a strong attention to detail;
- You must be comfortable working with various computer programs, databases, and systems;
- You must be reliable, trustworthy, and drama-free;
- You don’t think making coffee or getting our guests a beverage is beneath you;
- You are a positive, high-energy team player; and
- You care about your job and want to continue your professional development.
This position offers a respectful team culture, opportunities for professional development, a competitive salary, opportunities for performance-based increases, and benefits.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. Explain what you believe are the three (3) most important qualities needed in an Ambassador of First Impressions who works with clients in estate planning, estate administration and litigation matters, why you believe they are the most important qualities for this role. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
Email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should be your last name (all caps) and one word that you would use to describe yourself (lower case). [For example: SMITH – ambitious]
Based on your cover letter and resume, we will select candidates for further consideration. If you are selected, we will request a writing sample, and two professional references from past supervisors. Those invited for interviews will be contacted after our review of the above.
Hours: For full-time position (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday)
Compensation: $14-$17/hour, commensurate with experience
Start date: Immediate